Using VRoid SDK, developers can import 3D models created by various people and develop applications where 3D models can be used.
"3D models created by various people" imply a creation by a third party, meaning that these works have an author. Therefore, it is necessary to pay close attention to their handling. The creator of the 3D model is greatly attached to their creation and sets its usage conditions. If you make use of the model without considering its usage conditions, it may cause unexpected damage to the author, who may refrain from providing 3D models that can be used by third parties from now on ー a situation that we want to avoid at all costs.
In order to avoid this, we review all applications that implement VRoid SDK. After passing this reviewing, the application is published on VRoid Hub, which will increase its exposure and enable the use of special models such as the following.
- Models created by others: Third-party use allowed (download prohibited)
- Models uploaded to VRoid Hub directly from some applications that can create models.
We have established some guidelines so that your application can pass our reviewing smoothly. In broad terms, please refer to the following five points when developing your app.
- There are no issues with the basic operation of the entire application
- There are no issues with VRoid Hub linkage
- The model's usage conditions are displayed properly
- The items on the application settings page must match the actual app behavior
- Prohibited matters
1. There are no issues with the basic operation of the entire application
The application works properly.Apps that frequently cause bugs and freezes will not pass the reviewing.
The model can be moved as intended according to the application.For example, in a live streaming application, the model moves in accordance with the user's own movements. In a 3D action game, the model walks properly on the field. In other words, the model can be operated properly in accordance with the contents of the app.
- [Recommended] Provide an English UI whenever possible
2. There are no issues with VRoid Hub linkage
- Users can smoothly understand how to link VRoid Hub, or linkage happens without difficulty
- After linking VRoid Hub, users can load VRoid Hub models
Make sure that when loading characters you marked with ♡, only "Third-party use allowed" models are displayed.
- The service can be used with the loaded models.
3. The model's usage conditions are displayed properly
- When loading another user's VRoid Hub model, be sure to display the following usage conditions.
- Usage conditions should be aligned with the notation on VRoid Hub.
- Use the title "Conditions of use for this model".
- Display only VRoid Hub usage conditions, not VRM metadata.
- The notation of the name of each item should be the same displayed in the usage conditions of VRoid Hub.
- The notation of the value of each item should be the same displayed in the usage conditions of VRoid Hub.
- Avoid displaying the API return value as it is.
- Avoid displaying the API return value as it is.
- Usage conditions should not be displayed when loading users own model.
Users do not need to check the usage conditions for a model they have posted to VRoid Hub by themselves. If usage conditions are displayed, users will have to perform extra operations, so please make sure to avoid it.
4. The items on the application settings page must match the actual app behavior
Check whether input items are entered correctly
- If you have any questions about input items, please refer to the help page about application settings.
Get rid of any discrepancies between the model usage information entered in the application settings and the actual model behavior in the application.
- When "Avatar use" is set to "No", and the model is handled as a NPC（Non-player character） or used as part of the background.
- When "Redistribution" is set to "Yes", and only models whose redistribution is allowed can be loaded and redistributed.
- When "Attribution" is set "Yes", but there is no function that allows displaying model attributions in the app.
- When "Avatar use" is set to "No", but users can operate the avatar in Social VR or distribute the model as a VTuber.
- When "Violence" is set to "No", but the model is used as a playable character in fighting games.
- When "Commercial use by individuals" is set to "Yes" and "For-profit activities (donations, etc.) by individuals" is set to "Yes", but there is no donations function.
- [Recommended] Enter the application name, an icon and a featured image or video.
- Considering that these contents will be visible to users, make sure you use information matching the actual product.
- If you're unable to create an eye-catching image for your app, consider using a YouTube video showing the features of your app to make a significant impression on users.
- Reverse engineering
- Do not modify binaries or use the SDK in any way not intended by our company.
- Do not provide applications that run Web API/SDK on the server without our company's permission.
- Secondary distribution of the SDK to those who have not completed the application procedure
- Do not share the SDK binary file or distribution URL with other companies or individuals without permission.
- Do not add applications intended for use by others.
- Be careful about unintended distribution, such as involuntarily releasing to the GitHub repository.
- Storage of 3D model data obtained via SDK
- Do not send 3D model data to the server or provide it to end-users.
- Do not create your own function to save 3D model data, with or without encryption.
- If you want to cache to improve user experience, use the function provided by the SDK.
- Includes articles 1 to 11 in the VRoid Hub Guidelines “5. Prohibited Works”.
- Includes content that violates the rights of third parties.